Searching for Andromeda Finding Cassiopeia Tripped over Jupiter Looking for Saturn
These first renderings are so amateurish and yet so satisfyingly fun. What a ride this is becoming.
Spent some time processing the Andromeda Galaxy. It took some searching, but I found it after multiple tries.
While searching for Jupiter I found Saturn! Very tiny. Barely 40 pixels wide on the originals!
Jupiter was a horrible mess to process…too much atmospheric interference. These are all good lessons for future imaging. Looks like there are a couple of rogue pixels in there still. And the moons are a little hot as well.
Cover photo is of the Cassiopeia constellation…though I’m not sure it really looks like that! Here are the separated channels it took to get to the final output:
Our little world Hanging by a thread If you look up You see the spin
I’ve been exploring the sky. Finding the north star (Polaris) was my latest goal. It’s set directly above earth’s northern axis so there is little movement. Every thing else appears to spin around it, though it is earth’s rotation that causes this. The cover photo and video below is the resulting image after stacking several hours of photographs.
On another note, the heat wave here in Cali will be abating and making way for some rain. Rain? High winds are expected as well (80mph gusts) so it’s batten down the hatches here. With the clouds here, I will not be able to make any full moon work. This one is from last light.
Conditioned to believe The finality of any experiment Before its due time IS the failure
A couple of months ago I started down a path of photographic exploration. Noticing some issues with image quality (under extreme conditions), I began experimenting with different approaches to reveal what the problem is/was. I’ve been watching/reading MANY advisory tutorials, some good, some not. As of today, I am still not much better off or confident that I have fixed the issues. After two months of capture-edit-output, capture-edit-output I have folders full of sub standard results. Good results, but still, sub-standard. But, I have not failed. I have learned. And tomorrow I will stay at it, and the the next day, and the next. I will tweak my approach each time and test it until I have abolished the issue or concede that it is unfixable. The latter is likely. Some things just take more time and effort than what was first believed. Learning and exploration has great value. The effort to expose that value is predetermined and I must stay the course if I am to overcome my “failure.”
The cover photo is of a nearby trail named “Shady Trail” for its abundant oaks lining its edges. Here’s another view:
This week was my first attempts at using an anamorphic lens. (Sirui 50mm) – It is something of a challenge. I got it for video, but figured I’d try it out for photography as well. Here is a desqueezed image: